The Climate-Environment-Society consortium aims to encourage, support and coordinate interdisciplinary research into climate change and its repercussions on society and the environment. It supports projects by using a system based on calls for projects, with the aim of:
- Offering chairs of excellence to top level researchers;
- Hosting young researchers or groups of young researchers on the basis of innovative projects that require the rapid setting up of a small team;
- Funding new projects, especially of an interdisciplinary nature, and possibly articulated with European and international programmes;
- Funding structuring projects or platforms that aim to improve interface with society about the issues addressed by the consortium;
- Funding international collaborations on the issues addressed by the consortium;
- Co-funding interdisciplinary PhDs;
- Setting up information and training activities.